Introduction to Leadership
The Leadership Introduction course is a prerequisite to the 12-week “Called & Separated to Serve” Leadership Development Course and is designed to help you identify your leadership potential.
The goal of the course is to assist you with the identification and fortification of the God-given leadership abilities and potential existing in oneself, and to direct that potential toward the purpose of God for the betterment of one’s own personhood, family, ministry and community.
This introduction will access your initial desire, commitment and perseverance before embarking on the year-long commitment to the full leadership course.
Students will be evaluated on homework assignments, assessments and participation.
You must successfully complete this prerequisite course with an 80 percent or better in order to enroll in the 12-week Leadership Development Course.
As leadership educators, we want to be intentional about what our student leaders take away from their leadership experiences in programs and through their co-curricular involvement. As a result, we have created a set of learning outcomes adapted from the 12-week course. The learning outcomes are as follows:
- Over 11 lectures and 1000 hours of content.
- Exploring personal foundations for leadership.
- Understanding how to establish one’s self as an authentic leader.
- Discussing strategies for continuing growth as a leader.
- Information packed practical training starting from basics to advanced leadership techniques.
- Suitable for beginners to advanced level users and who learn faster when demonstrated.
- Practical assignments at the end of every session.
- Practical learning experience with live project work and examples.
- Lectures 13
- Quizzes 8
- Duration 1000 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 9
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Lesson 1 - Personal Development
Lesson 2 - Character Development
Lesson 3 - Spiritual Development
Lesson 4 - Understanding Leadership vs. Management
Lesson 5 - Conclusion and Next Steps