What Is Purpose?
According to Dr. Myles, everything in life has a purpose. Everyone on this planet was born with and for a purpose. It is this purpose that is the only source of meaning. Without purpose, life is an experiment or a haphazard journey that results in frustration, disappointment and failure.
Without purpose, life is subjective, or it is a trial and error game that is ruled by environmental influences and the circumstances of the moment. Likewise, in the absence of purpose, time has no meaning, energy has no reason and life has no precision. Therefore, it is essential that we understand and discover our purpose in life so that we can experience an effective, full and rewarding life.
- …the original intent for the creation of a thing,
- …the original reason for the existence of a thing,
- …the end for which the means exist,
- …the cause for the creation of a thing,
- …the desired result that initiates production,
- …the need that makes a manufacturer produce a specific product,
- …the destination that prompts the journey,
- …the expectation of the source,
- …the objective for the subject,
- …the aspiration for the inspiration, and
- …the object one wills or resolves to have.
Purpose, therefore, is the original intent in the mind of the creator that motivated him to create a particular item. It is the why that explains the reason for existence. Every product is a child of purpose.
In other words, before any product is made, there is a purpose established in the mind of the manufacturer that gives conception to the idea that becomes the substance for the design and production of the product. Thus, purpose precedes production.